ProductionThings I've Learned.... an on-going series of articles by and for microcinema filmmakers detailing mistakes made and lessons learned.
Joseph Alexandre director of THE REAL CASINO and THE STRACK CLUB DOCUMENTARY on his first professional writing gig. **New**
Keith Boron on Murder is Like Sex.
Marc Fratto on his films Strange Things Happen at Sundown and Last Rites of the Dead
Greg Lamberson on his films Slime City, Undying Love, Naked Fear, and the recent Gruesome featuring Erin Brown.
Dan West and Rick Popko on their films Mosturd and InfecDEAD.
Tiffany Sinclair on her film PRAEY.
Tim Ritter's Production Corner
Funds and Locations
Casting and Pre-Productions
Scoring Your Movie
Sound Effects and Trailers
Scott Spears' Production Corner
Advice to First-Time Writer-Directors
Buying Your First Digital Camera
Everything You Wanted to Know About Chinese Lanterns but were Afriad to Ask
The Ins and Outs of Short Ends
Location Scouting Tips
Production Assistant Essentials
Telecine Tips: Working with a Colorist
Rob Robinson on Using Free and Open Source Software for Filmmaking
The Democratization of Hollywood Continues with Free and Open Source Software
Let's Start a FOSS Studio!
- On A Wing, Prayer and The Change I Found In My Couch Cushions by Erotic Witch 3 director Terry West
- Working with Police, Not Against by Harvesters and Stakes director Joe Ripple
- Low Cost Headshots and Resumes by Dangerous Mode director Rick Shipley **New**
- Lightmeter 101 by Playaz Court DP Jessica Gallant
- Lighting for Mini-DV by Lewis Fraga
- Shooting for Black and White by Lewis Fraga
- Handling Nude Scenes: The Audition by Monique Parent
- Handling Nude Scenes: The Patch by Monique Parent
- Handling Nude Scenes: The Sock by Mark Weiler
- Handling Nude Scenes: Scheduling 101 by Monique Parent
- Four-Walling a Movie Theater by Monsturd director Rick Popko
- Distribution Traps by Urban Harvast director John Swanson
- Pitching to Investors by Jeff Carney
- Using Eggs as Squibs by Andrew Copp **New**
- Intestines and other Vital Organs by Marc Fratto
- Blood by Marc Fratto
- Burns by Marc Fratto
- Blood part 2 by Gordo Loving
- Producing No-Budget Features: Commercialized Common Sense by Chris Watson
- The 12 Greatest Myths about Firearms on Film Sets: What every filmmaker needs to know by Dave Brown **New**
- Sound 101 by Jeff Carney
- How to Improve Your Video Productions part 1: Color Correction by Johnny Crash
- How to Make Video Look Like Film by Benjamin Cooper
- Filters for DV by Peter John Ross
- Filmlook Basics by Rick Shipley **New**